COPYRIGHT SGU DIABETIC SUPPLIES 2017
S.G.U. Diabetic News & Reviews

Simple Diagnostics Clever Choice Auto-Code Mini Blood Glucose Monitor

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

CLEMINIB Color: Blue Features: -No coding. -Tiny 0.5 ┬ÁL blood sample. -Strip ejection button. -150 test memory. Product Type: -Diabetic Meters.

Accu Chek Accu-chek Blood Glucose Monitoring System, Smartview 1 Kit

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

Accu-Chek Blood Glucose Monitoring System, Smart View 1 kit. Small, bright and fits into your life. Includes Silicone Meter Skin. Ideal for Insulin Users..

How Do I Avoid Diabetes?

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

There are two separate types of  diabetes  easily enough known as type 1 and type 2. Approximately 5% of the diabetic population suffers from type 1  diabetes  while the remainder, a whopping 95%, suffers from type 2. In type 1  diabetes , generally known as juvenile  diabetes , the pancreas simply does not create the insulin your […]

Traveling With Diabetes!

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

Have Diabetes? You can still go on cruises, family vacations, and world travel! You only need to make a little extra effort to prepare for any emergency so that you have a safe and pleasant vacation. You blood sugar levels can go haywire with a sudden change in physical activity. Hence, before going on a […]

Type 2 Diabetes – Spirituality and Depression in Diabetes

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

Depression is a frequent problem for many people diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and their healthcare workers. In a study reported in March 2012 in the journal Diabetes Education, investigators looked at spirituality and depression in people diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Two hundred and one adults with diabetes were included in the study. Greater […]

Diabetes Story – Diagnosis

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

In a previous article (“ Diabetes  Story — Collapse”), I went from feeling fine to almost completely incapacitated over the span of a few days. I’ve now arrived at a hospital in Stockholm, Sweden with the help of a coworker. They take some blood and then put me in an examination room where I wait for […]

Type 2 Diabetes – A Drug to Help With Weight Loss in Diabetes?

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

About one-third of adults in the United States are obese, making them vulnerable to Type 2 diabetes and heart and blood vessel disease. Normalizing weight, or even losing 5 to 10 percent of body weight, can help ward off receiving a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, or control it in people who have already been […]

Diabetes and Kidney Damage

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

 Research  results indicate that  Diabetes  is the leading cause of chronic kidney disease. Final stage of kidney disease is kidney failure and is known as nephropathy. According to the Centers for disease Control, over 17 million Americans have  diabetes . Unfortunately, one third of them do not even realise that they have the disease. Approximately 45% […]

Diabetic Mellitus – Acute Complications – Diabetic Ketosis – DKA

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

If you are diabetic you are at risk of developing diabetic ketoacidosis. What is diabetic ketoacidosis? Diabetic ketoacidosis is an acute complication of diabetes mellitus that causes unconsciousness and death if not treated promptly. DKA consist of the biochemical triad of a}hyperglycemia. b}Acidaemia {excessive acid levels in the blood} c}Ketonaemia{excessive ketones in the blood} Symptoms […]

Diabetic Hypoglycemia

Posted in News & Reviews by admin

Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is common in diabetics with type 1 diabetes and occurs occasionally in people with type 2 diabetes who are taking oral hypoglycemic drugs. Hypoglycemia is the result of a mistake in insulin dose, exercise, and available carbohydrates usually because of a missed meal. The symptoms of hypoglycemia result from a […]